Coral Cay is located in a narrow channel between Popa Island and Bastimentos Island, very close to Col√≥n Island in Bocas del Toro.
How to arrive
First travel to Col√≥n Island in Bocas del Toro in one of the following forms of transportation:
- Plane: Direct flights are available from Marcos A. Gelabert Airport in Albrook to Bocas del Toro on Col√≥n Island.
- Bus: From the Albrook Mall bus station, there are daily departures at 8:00 p.m. on the fleet of busses that travel the Pan-American Highway.
- Car: Cross the Bridge of the Americas headed west towards the city of David in Chiriqu√≠ Province. Before reaching David, turn north at Gualaca. You will traverse spectacularly beautiful landscapes as you cross a mountain range. Once you reach either Chiriqu√≠ Grande or Changuinola, you can board a water taxi that will take you to Col√≥n Island.
Once on Col√≥n Island, you can take the following mode of transport to get to Boca del Drago:
- Boat: A local tour operator will give you a boat ride to Coral Cay to go snorkeling or diving.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Observation of tropical fish