In addition to the red frogs, you can observe sloths in the trees and various exotic birds. Due to the beach's layout, Red Frog is ideal for surfing. From December to March, the waves can reach 4 meters high. Outfitted with hotels, restaurants, and bars, the beach has all the amenities for visitors to enjoy the sublime setting.
The beach is found on the northern coast of Bastimentos Island.
How to arrive
First travel to Colón Island in Bocas del Toro in one of the following forms of transportation:
- Plane: AirPanama offers 1-hour long domestic flights.
- Bus: From the Albrook Mall bus station, there are daily departures at 8:00 p.m. on the fleet of busses that travel the Pan-American Highway.
- Car: Take the Pan-American Highway to the entrance to Gualaca (404km). Turn right and continue to the end of the road to Chiriquí Grande (98 km) in Punta Peña. Then follow the road to Almirante (68 km), where you can leave your car at a parking lot near the water taxi terminal.
- Ferry: Boats depart Almirante Bocas Marine at 8:00 a.m. from Monday to Saturday.
Once on Colón Island, you can take the following mode of transport:
- Boat: Water taxis will take you to the town of Bastimentos. Walk across the island following the marked jungle trails, which first lead to Wizard Beach. Continue walking for about 30 minutes more to reach Red Frog Beach.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Observation of frogs