The DMO specializes in providing consultancy and promotional services to companies, organizations, and associations that want to hold meetings and conventions in Panama. They can also recommend a wide range of hotels, transportation providers, entertainment tours, folklore performances, souvenirs, and convention centers in Panama that receive groups.
A total of 180 events are slated to be held in the country in 2013, which creates a demand for 150,000 hotel nights. Among the many major international meetings that Panama will host in October, highlights include:
- Iberoamerican Business Meeting
- XXIV Meeting of Iberoamerican Presidents of Employers' Organizations
- Competitiveness Forum of the Americas
- Mystical Rose Mission International Congress
- 4th Vanguardia Iberoamericana Forum on Students
- Latin American Congress of Internal Audit (CLAI)
- Congress of the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language
- 17th Central American, Mexican, and the Caribbean Congress of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Panama Chess Open 2013 (international tournament)
- 4th International Congress of Arts and Dance
Panama is a competitive destination for event organizers in the convention market thanks to the country's air connectivity, infrastructure and cuisine.